Courts and Arbitrators Weigh in on Vaccination Policies in the Workplace and more ....
As of January 1, 2022, the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT) completed its almost four-year wind-down process. This has marked the official launch of the new crown agency Skilled Trades Ontario (STO) and significant changes to the trades’ registration system in the province.
This webinar will describe the wood preservatives used in Canada and how they are regulated and standardized. End-use applications, specification, and performance will also be discussed. Register for this complimentary webinar.
The IHSA recently launched a podcast series that provides timely and important health and safety information to listeners in construction, transportation and electrical utility sectors and offers information about Ontario’s health and safety system.
- IHSA Safety Talk: Heaters
- Latest podcast episode features interview with new Chief Prevention Officer Dr. Joel Moody
- Yard safety web page provides insight on transportation hazards
- IHSA.ca Magazine now available
- Training spotlight: Boatswain's Chair
Reaction has been swift and stakeholders have swung into action after concerns were raised
Introduction of newly titled 'Pressure Treated Structural Barn Posts - A Specifiers Guide'
The CFBA has become aware of a potential issue related to in-ground pressure-treated barn posts, and the Executive and Board of Directors have been working on this concern, on our members behalf. A CFBA Committee has been established to review and respond to this matter. Please see the committee’s overview of the situation and its mandate outlined in the following report
• IHSA Safety Talk: Stretching exercises
• Save the date: IHSA Virtual Annual General Meeting
• New toolkit available to support combating substance abuse in the workplace
• IHSA Annual Report now available
• Product spotlight: Supervisor Log Book
October 18th – 22nd marks 2021's Small Business Week. Ontario’s Prevention Council released the following statement in support of the day, and to promote a complimentary webinar offered by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development to discuss some of the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic and showcase select tools and resources offered by Ontario’s occupational health and safety system to make occupational health and safety (OHS) easier for small businesses. Click on the imbedded Eventbrite link to view webinar details.